Thursday, September 25, 2014

Consumed

My family loves to "firepit".  There's nothing quite like it.  Countless conversations have occurred around the fire that will forever be etched into my heart.  In those moments, I can't help but be mesmerized by the flames.  I am in awe of the beauty of the blaze.

Our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 13:15

Consume:  To destroy, absorb, engross.

Oddly enough, that's what I so desperately want.  For the Lord to consume me and to destroy anything in my life that may be keeping me from growing closer to him. I want him to burn away all my doubts, my fears, and my anxieties. Destroying my pride, my frustrations, my bad attitudes and my disappointments.

God desires a heart that truly worships him and him alone. A heart totally consumed by him.  And because of God's saving grace, there is something inside of me that wants to give him every ounce of my being.  To bring glory and honor to his name.  To reflect him and his beauty in everything that I say and do.  I want a heart that is undeniably set on fire by him and for him.

As I worship him in spirit and in truth, I can't help but be mesmerized by his flames.  I am in awe of the beauty of the blaze that consumes my life.


Heavenly Father, consume our hearts today and always.  Burn within us an intense passion for you. 
In Jesus' name, amen. 

Listen: Set a Fire by Will Reagan & United Pursuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment