Monday, May 5, 2014

Illuminate

I'm a big fan of sunny days. I love the way the sun creeps through my blinds in the morning. I like to see it as God's way of greeting me with a kiss. Maybe you're not a morning person, so I apologize if you don't relate. The sun also has a way of revealing to me all the dust. Once a ray of light hits the air, it's amazing how much is exposed. Despite the inevitable task of dusting that will eventually take place in my future... the sun always has a way of lifting my spirits and illuminating my day.


Il.lu.min.ate.  to brighten or decorate with light, to expose.

Prayer illuminates faith.

In the beginning of Luke 18, Jesus tells a parable of a persistent widow.  Jesus' heart and hope behind the story... always pray, never lose heart.

It's not a matter of how big my faith is, but who my faith is in. Even the smallest light on the highest mountain can be seen in the dark.  Faith is God's faithfulness to me.  It's a gift and it's up to me to use it. To live it out... through prayer. 

My prayers illuminate what has already been given to me.  My prayers decorate my faith. My prayers also have a way of exposing what my faith is really made of.

Even in the darkest of days, I will acknowledge God's light and love inside of me. And I pray that it would illuminate the world around me. 


In the same way,
let your light shine before others,
so that others may see 
your good works 
and give glory to your Father
who is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16





No comments:

Post a Comment