Thursday, April 24, 2014

I can

"Imagine the person
you want your child to become,
and be that person".

I read this quote in an article I found in the magazine, Hello Darling.  Whether it's becoming the person we want to live out for our children, our spouse, our friends or the community, we can all relate to this on some level.

One thing's for sure, none of us are perfect, but we can try our best to be the person that God has created us to be.  Certainly not by our own strength, but by relying on the Lord to empower our actions and our thoughts.

I can do all things through Christ
who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Photo by Savannah Blevins

Be That Mother 
written by Megan O'Leary.

I want to be a mother {a person} who...

PAUSES.    who puts down the dishes, and listens and watches.

GIVES.    whether it be attention, time or words of encouragement.

TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISTAKES.    quick to apologize and make amends.

PLAYS.    "yes! we should totally go outside and dig for worms."

LAUGHS.    a portion of every day should be filled with laughter. find the humor or create it.

ENJOYS LIFE.    what gives me joy? how can I create more room for that in my life?

RESPECTS.     treats everyone with value, whether they're a stranger, a friend or a partner.

IS FILLED WITH WONDER.    start to question the world--let's find answers together.

CREATES.    art and music are soul healing, so is making something together.

SETS A GOOD EXAMPLE.   learn to stand up for yourself and others...


Imagine the person God wants you to become and be that person.  Others will in turn notice and benefit from the example lived out.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I read this today too. I also wrote out a blog post. Haha. It was a great article!

    ReplyDelete