Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Moments


There are moments of sweetness. Moments of clarity.  Moments of pure bliss.  For those I am thankful. And then there are those moments that are downright exhausting... discouraging... debilitating.  Moments when it seems easier to just give up. Throw in the towel. Call it a day. 

Yet, I am thankful for those not-so-sweet moments.  Not necessarily while I am going through them. When I have the courage to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, I can see how God is using these times to draw me closer to himself in a way that I would not have otherwise.

My heart and soul are strengthened the moment I realize my need for him to hold me up.  It's in those moments that I finally surrender.

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

I refuse to let difficulties overwhelm me. I will learn from them. I will see them as opportunities for God's sovereignty and strength to be displayed. Knowing that they had to pass through his fingertips first.  He could have prevented it, but chose not to because he knew I would come out stronger in the end.  

[So] let us not grow weary of doing good, 
for in due season we will reap,
if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

And when my prayers for the struggles to end are not answered, I will trust him.  I will trust him with all my heart, as tired as it may be. I will not give up... even in the weary moments.

Listen: Need You Now, by Plumb


2 comments:

  1. I love how I can hear you saying the words you write as I read them - you have such a gift for communicating how the Lord is working for us & I'm so grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete