Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hurl it.

Cast your burden to the Lord
and he will sustain you.
He will never let
the righteous be shaken.
Psalm 55:22

I am to "cast" my burden to the Lord. To cast means to toss in a sudden motion. This is not just a casual toss... I must throw it to him, chuck it, hurl it.   


The force in which I throw determines how desperately I want him to have it.  Think about it, if you toss with little effort, the burden will most likely land within arms reach... easily accessible to be picked back up again.   How many times have we done this? 

When we truly cast our cares to him we are trusting and resting in his promise. The choice is ours.  As for me, I'm going to throw it like I mean it. No matter how heavy the burden may be. I may throw like a girl, but my arm will be empowered! I believe the results will not disappoint.  He promises to sustain me.  He promises to take care of me.  I will not be shaken.  But what happens when life gets hard?  When the burdens and anxieties prove to be more than I can handle?

I will simply remember that they were never intended for me to hold.  So I hurl it to the One who promises to catch it. My burden is in his hands. 

Jesus, calm my anxious heart. Hold my heart today and always.  I trust you.





No comments:

Post a Comment