Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Overwhelmed

For we do not wrestle
against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers,
against the authorities,
against the cosmic powers
over this present darkness,
against the spiritual forces
of evil in heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12

There is an unseen battle going on behind the scenes of this world.  A battle for control of the hearts and minds of those the Lord created. Yours and mine.  The world paints a pretty picture as it tries to capture our attention. But as I look closer, I can see the ugliness, the hurt, the brokenness, the suffering. And as I allow my mind to wrestle with all of the "what ifs",  my heart quickly becomes anxious.  I am overwhelmed. 


Why do we allow ourselves to become overwhelmed with things we simply have zero control over?  Maybe we think we have control.  But isn't this a waste of precious energy?  It's time to fight back.  It's time to adjust the lens of our mind's eyes and use that energy to stop the enemy from distracting our focus.  It's time that we become overwhelmed with Christ.  The Creator and Lover of our souls.

When my heart is overwhelmed, 
lead me to the Rock
that is higher than I.
Psalm 61:2

On my knees. That is how I fight back.  Not necessarily in a physical sense, but in my heart.  That may seem like a weak stance, but there is actually nothing stronger than being constantly aware of the Lord's presence in my life.  Knowing that he is always there... knowing that is is always faithful.  He is my Rock and will forever be the Sovereign King of my life.  As I worship the Lord God Almighty with everything that I am, my heart quickly becomes aware of his presence and his great love for me.  I am overwhelmed... with a peace I cannot explain. 

Great is the Lord!
He is most worthy of praise!
Psalm 145:3
For the Lord is good
and his love endures forever.
His faithfulness continues
through all generations.
Psalm 100:5 

Take a moment to reflect and worship him:  Yahweh, led by Kari Jobe





No comments:

Post a Comment