Thursday, April 3, 2014

Convinced

God was pursuing me long before I ever began to pursue him...even after I asked Jesus into my heart.  And he has never stopped pursuing me. He has placed things on my path that have made me realize my need for him. Not a need for religion.  Not a need for spirituality.  But a need for a relationship... a forever friendship with my creator.

It's more than just a list of rules to follow. For I know they are there to protect me and guide me.  But it's more than that.  It's got to be.  There is a God who is jealous for me. For me. For you. He wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives. He wants us to know him.  To trust him. 

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in him!
Psalm 34:8

How sweet the Lord is! I cannot begin to explain it. For it must be experienced.  

He is my Father.
He is my Provider.
He is my Healer.
He is my Defender.
He is my Counselor.
He is my Deliverer.
He is my Protector.
He is my Shepherd.
He is my Redeemer.
He is my Helper.
He is my Rock.
He is my Comfort.
He is my Peace.
He is my Hope.
He is my Friend.
He is... my Everything.

He never leaves me.  He empowers me.  He sustains me.  He loves me!  I am convinced. 


I am convinced of this goodness because I have experienced his goodness.  

I trust him. I am blessed. 





2 comments:

  1. Allison, remember that even if you aren't seeing comments, we are out here reading and connecting with your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Needed to hear this today. Remembering that God is at work behind the scenes. I may never see the impact, but I am trusting him as he uses me.

      Delete