Sunday, April 13, 2014

Broken beautiful

He heals the brokenhearted and
binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3


God heals broken hearts. 
God heals broken situations... broken dreams.
He restores what's broken.
That's what he does. 
Psalm 34:18 says that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

He's close.  Even during the times when I can't feel him.  Maybe because the brokenness is at it's darkest.  Maybe because there's just too many broken pieces that I have tried so hard to put back together in my own strength.  But as I whisper his name, I remember, he's there... he has never left my side. And he promises to bind up my wounds. 

I know he can because he walked out of the grave.

He suffered, too. He died... for me, for you. He took our place so that he could heal our hearts and heal our brokenness.  He understands our sorrow. He understands our grief. He understands our brokenness. 

The tomb is empty...his promises are full. 

My God is not dead. Neither are my hopes and my dreams. He will take all the broken pieces and put them back together....the way he intended.  Empowered. Strong. Beautiful.

And after you have suffered
a little while, the God of all grace,
who has called you to eternal glory in Christ,
will himself
restore,
confirm,
strengthen
and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Listen: Broken Beautiful, Ellie Holcomb



No comments:

Post a Comment