Friday, March 21, 2014

Embrace today

Today I was reminded to choose joy.  To accept the season of life I am currently in.  To not live in the past or the future, but to embrace the here and now.  And to do it without grumbling, without complaining, and without arguing.  Learning to be content... no matter what the circumstances.

What a difference it would make if I woke up with this mentality and perspective on a daily basis.  To embrace the ordinary, everyday tasks. Not worrying about what the future holds, but living within the boundaries of today.  Only setting foot on what is presently before me with joy instead of complaints.  

This is the day that 
the LORD has made,
so I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Isaiah 43:18

Therefore, do not be anxious 
about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. 
Sufficient for the day 
is it's own trouble.
Matthew 6:34 

So I embrace the here and now; because you see, it is here that I have the opportunity to respond, to learn, and to grow as I rest in the arms of my Heavenly Father... today.



4 comments:

  1. Amen! Needed to hear that word today! Love your blog posts...encouraging to walk this journey with you. Helps me feel like I'm not alone xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was timely for you, Lauren. Thanks for walking along the journey by my side. xo

      Delete