Monday, March 3, 2014

Give me faith

How is it that I can believe in something that may not have any tangible proof? To trust in something that I have absolutely zero control over? 

The answer is simple. Faith.

Now faith is being sure
of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see. 
Hebrews 11:1

It's a choice.  A gift to either be accepted or rejected.
  

We all have faith in something.

I have faith in a Sovereign God. I have faith that he loves me and that nothing can separate me from that love.  His sovereignty is beyond my pea-sized-brain of comprehension. I simply trust that he is the One who created me and the entire universe in which I live.  He rules over all and is in control. Yet within that control, he gives free will.  A choice.  A choice to love him back.  A choice to have faith and keep the faith regardless of the outcome of my circumstances.  I have faith that God has a purpose and a plan for my life and that my faith will continue to grow stronger as a result of difficulties and bliss.  

I have faith that my yesterdays will remind me of God's goodness & love and that today's struggles will strengthen me for what lies ahead tomorrow. 

The song linked below is my prayer:
Jesus, Give me faith. To trust what you say. That you're good. And your love is great.

Listen: "Give Me Faith" by Chris Brown








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Simple yet powerful words. AMEN. hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete