Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Glorious grace

To the praise of his glorious grace,
which he has freely given us 
in the One he loves.
In him we have redemption
through his blood,
the forgiveness of sins in accordance
with the riches of God's grace 
that he lavished on us.
Ephesians 1:6-8

Grace.  I am undeserving of this gift. This beautiful gift. Freely given. There is nothing that I have done to receive it.

It has been lavished upon me... in glorious abundance.


Even as I grieve, there are echoes of his grace.  As the end draws near, we come face to face with Jesus... the ultimate grace.

This is an expression of his love.  He swapped my sin for his righteousness on the cross.

So I stand in the downpour.  It covers me.  All my shortcomings, my fears and failures, all my guilt, my shame and inadequacies.  His grace meets me where I am and refuses to leave me the way that I was.

Listen: Grace So Glorious by London Gatch

One sweet day I will see Jesus face to face.  For all eternity I will say, "Worthy is the One who is crowned in glory. Holy are you, Lord".

2 comments: