Monday, March 17, 2014

Perfect peace

"You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you".
Isaiah 26:3

Anxiety has a way of creeping into the mind; and if not careful, it will take up residence there with or without permission.  It's chains can grow thick.  Holding the prisoner in the whirlwind of inner turmoil.  It's an unpleasant place to be.

We can try to control it.  Some will excessively prepare, while others perfectly plan out their lives.  But who can really see what the future holds?  

We weren't designed to see that far.  We were created with a need to be in constant communication with the ultimate Planner of our lives.  As we draw closer to the Prince of Peace, we will experience the calm.


The whirlwind will cease.  The chains will be chiseled by his mighty hand.  It's up to us to break free. 

So I take captive every thought that enters my mind to obey the One who lives inside of me. I am drawn back to the awareness of Jesus...his presence which surrounds me every moment of every day.  I keep my mind focused on Him.  It's a total act of trust.  Knowing that his peace will surpass the realm of my understanding.

Peace. It's not a feeling.  It's an unchangeable condition.

Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God.
~anonymous

4 comments:

  1. Well said my Christian friend. Just want you to know I enjoy your blog and you are certainly an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I am glad this is encouraging you, too!

      Delete
  2. I hope you understand that as you write the words that bring comfort to your own heart, you are bringing comfort to those of us with different trials and burdens. Your blog is a blessing to my heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete