Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Where feet fail

I fall.  God picks me up.  Again, I fall.  And again, he picks me up, dusting off the dirt from my fall, setting me back on my feet in hopes that a lesson was learned. And yet again, I fall.  Sinking.

It's a vicious cycle.  I am not perfect.  I fall, I fail. Time and time again.  Through this, I am realizing how unbelievably patient God is with me.  He waits for me.   Never allowing my spiritual mood swings to deter him from pursuing me.  He offers me a second chance... a third chance... a gazillionth chance to obey him, to trust him, to believe him. 

I am living proof of his patience. He patiently works with my weakness. He's not asking for me to do more for him.  He is actually looking for more of me.  More of my trust.  More of my heart.

This is not an excuse to slack off.  Quite the contrary.  God will still discipline and correct me. For out of his discipline, he reveals his vast love for me.  His patience compels me.  I desire to live a life that strives to do my best for my heavenly Father.  To listen and obey.  To trust him with my life no matter how much fear surrounds me.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet upon a rock
making my steps secure.
Psalm 40:2 

God has never failed me. I will let him lead my next steps by his sovereign hand.  My faith will stand.  My trust will grow.  Even if it means dusting off and trying again for the umpteenth time.  I will not be discouraged, for he is patient with me.

Listen: Oceans, by Hillsong United




6 comments:

  1. Allison, This is JUST what I needed today!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the song and broke down crying. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that song so amazing?! I have probably listened to it a thousand times and I'm still not sick of it.

      Delete
  3. This seems like it was written just for me and I love that song! Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Linda! So glad it spoke to your heart.

      Delete