Tuesday, February 11, 2014

All of it

I absolutely love teaching my girls to memorize scripture.  And I'm learning right along with them, it's something I've always wanted to do and now I have help- thanks to my accountability partners all under the age of 6.  We memorize to song.  Most of the tunes we make up as we go.  We sing and dance around the room like a song on repeat.  It eventually sticks and I hope the words will forever be engraved on their tiny, little hearts... and mine, too.

One verse that I have caught them singing unsolicited is from Deuteronomy 6:5.

"You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your strength".


All of it.  Not just part of it.  

I like to look at the definition of a word (even if it's familiar to me) to gain a better perspective. 
Heart:  The center of emotion, feeling, affection.
Soul:  The principle of life, feeling, thought and action; the spiritual part of a human.
Strength:  The quality or state of being strong; mental power, vigor; moral power, courage. 

What is holding you back from loving God with every ounce of your being?  Love is not something that is done halfheartedly. 

God doesn't just want the good parts, the put-together parts, the beautiful parts, the admirable parts.  He wants the parts that hurt, the broken pieces, the parts that we are ashamed of.

So love him...with all that you are. 

With all your heart. all your soul. all your strength. Love him with all of it. 

3 comments:

  1. Your first week was beautiful… here's to many, many more! Fondly, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michele.

    Kristofer, thank you for believing in me.

    ReplyDelete