Monday, February 24, 2014

Strength for today

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him,
and he helps me..." 
Psalm 28:7
Strength.

It's what we all so desperately need... whether we realize it or not.  Strength is what gets us through the day.   Some days are easier than others, but what about when life throws a curve ball?  A heavy one.  When the burden is so overwhelmingly unbearable?  When it proves too much to carry on our own strength?

My family is experiencing an extremely difficult and heartbreaking journey.  My brother-in-law has a very rare, terminal cancer and is currently fighting for his life.  At the age of 32, he loves the Lord with all his heart, with all his mind and with all his strength.  He is a mighty, valiant warrior.  I have never met a stronger individual in my life.  He trusts that God is there... even in the midst of a nightmare. His faith is strong; and nothing... not even stage 4 cancer... can shake it.


This is just one of the many platforms that God has used to reveal His boundless strength.  Despite the insurmountable battles and unforeseen challenges, we must never ever forget that his strength is available to us every single moment of every single day.

"My heart and my flesh may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever".
Psalm 73:26 




3 comments: