Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Let go

We finally saw Frozen. My girls loved it.  My husband may or may have loved it more. It's debatable. We have been listening to the soundtrack on repeat and I catch myself singing them all.the.time. "Do you want to build a snowman?, Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a.... 'happy snowman'!!  But these lyrics aside, one in particular plays over and over in my head: "Let it Go, Let it Go".

Yes. Let it go... Let go.

In Psalm 46:10, the Lord commands us to be still and know that he is God.  Be still can also be translated as "relax", "cease striving", "let go".  He is God.  We are not. He is sovereign.  He can be trusted.  He just requires that we be still and know.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog, Allison, this is so special. "New Every Morning" will be a blessing of love, faith, hope and encouragement to so many. We so need the Holy Spirit to guide us and help us to navigate through this every changing world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you were blessed by it. This is a huge step of faith, but I am super excited to see how God uses this to bring glory to himself. The world may be ever changing as you say, but one thing is for sure.... God remains the same...yesterday, today and tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Praying for you! This is wonderful and good for my soul.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete