Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Rest

Come to me, you weary one... come to me.  Those words have been echoing through my mind all day long.
Listen: Come To Me, by Kari Jobe

It's an invitation straight from the throne room of heaven, sealed by the hand of a loving God. A gentle whisper from a God who promises that if I come, he will give me what I need.  And he knows exactly what I need today.


But how?  And when? 

It happens when I accept the invitation and I simply come. I don't even have to go anywhere. He meets me right where I am. In the midst of the mundane...the ordinary.  In the midst of the chaos and confusion.  Something magical happens in that moment; when I just stop and acknowledge His presence. 

No matter what is going on in my life, no matter what my circumstances may be, He is all I need... just when I need it.  I will gladly accept the invitation.

He is waiting. Go to him. Find your rest.

Come to me,
all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you,
and learn from me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this song. Thank you for posting it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete