Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Jars of clay

Remember you have made me as clay.
Job 10:9

I am ordinary. I have weak spots. I am fragile.  I crack under the pressures of life.  I am but a broken, leaky jar of clay.


A jar is designed to be filled or to hold something.  But how can something so broken and so weak hold anything if it is unable to hold itself together?

But we have this treasure
 in jars of clay,
to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not driven to despair;
persecuted, but not forsaken;
struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:7-8

He has filled us with a precious treasure. Our lives were created to reflect God and his great power.   Because of him and him alone, we are able to do far beyond what we ever thought possible. He takes the ordinary and fills it with the extraordinary.  He takes what is weak and makes it strong. He takes what is broken and uses it... for his glory.

Fill me, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment