Wednesday, February 12, 2014

No fear in love

When I was little, I was afraid of the dark... ok, truth be told, maybe I still am.  Just the other day, after I turned off the lights for the night, I found myself running as fast as I could up the stairs as though I feared that someone was going to grab my foot through the slated staircase! (I may or may not have caught my husband doing the same thing).  Shhhh, don't tell our children.

Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat.

Do I fear the dark or do I fear what the dark has to hide?  The fear of the unknown.  The fear of what I think could happen.

1 John 4:18 says that "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear". 


God is love. His love is perfect and he loves you. There is no where in the bible that says otherwise.  And nothing can separate you from that love.  So if we are covered by his love, why fear?

No matter what fear grips your heart. No matter what fear paralyzes you.  Those fears are conquered by his love. Fear doesn't stand a chance.

"Though the mountains be shaken 
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you
will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:10

No comments:

Post a Comment